Sunday, November 28, 2010

Be Thankful, and use your Imagination

Good morning (actually afternoon) everyone! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! 

I love Thanksgiving it is one of my favorite holidays – you can eat all you want (and not look like a fatty because you are supposed to eat a lot) haha and most importantly, you are together with your family. 
Yesterday, I was thinking of how thankful I am, more so than any year. Sometimes we take our family for granted and we underestimate the power it has over us. We know that they make us who we are and they have become a part of each and every one of us.  It makes us feel like we fit in somewhere and that there are people out there who love us. Everyone wants to feel needed and wanted by one another and you can always get that feeling from your family. They will never turn their back on you and will always be there for you – in the worst times and the best.
Sitting around the table with my family made me feel so happy. I knew that I would always have them.   Even some of my friends have become my family.   I can tell them anything and I know they won’t judge me and I can laugh with them forever. They give me the best advice and make me feel confident when I’m near them.   Some of those girls I have know, and others I just meet maybe two years ago, but what it comes down to is not how long you knew them, but the memories you’ve shared with them and the times you’ve had together. You know that you can get each other in a way that other people can’t. You can tell what each other is thinking without saying a word. And you can trust the advice that each other gives because you believe them.  You become like sisters.
 This year I am thankful for all of these people – my family and close friends. They get me through the rough and pick me up when I am down. They make me laugh until my stomach hurts and share the happiness I have. So thank you for your friendship and being you. Love you all!

Now, last night I watched Eat. Pray. Love.
My friend had told me she abs looooved it so we decided to watch it last night.
It was such a good movie! I fell in love with the places she went and the settings she was in! Rome is amazing and India was so culturally intriguing and Bali was beautiful! I’m obsessed with traveling when I get older. I want to go so many places and experience different foods and cultures.  I want to travel to Kensington Place in London and find a cute British guy ;), watch the sunset over the acropolis in Greece and see the Parthenon and eat their amazing food,  climb up to the top of Machu Picchu in Peru, see the bustling streets of Tokyo, and relax and meditate in Tahiti. Why these places?  Because they have such a diverse culture and share a balance in harmony and peacefulness. And besides, who can say they’ve been to highest mountain in Peru?! Haha

The movie sparked such an interest in me in the places she traveled, but even more it was so inspirational. 
Some quotes that I really took to my heart:
"Do not look at the world through your head; look at it through your heart."
"If you could clear you all that space in your mind, you would have a doorway. And you know what the universe would do? Rush in."
"We call it "dolce far niente", the sweetness of doing nothing."
God dwells within me...as me."
And I was reassured, maybe my life hasn't been so chaotic, it's just the world that is, and the real trap is getting attached to any of it. Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation."
"Balance is not letting anyone love you less than you love yourself."
"To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life”

Read them however you want with your own interpretation or even use them as inspiration.
Who knows…. You might find yourself answering some questions that you thought there would never be an answer for….

With love and thankfulness,
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment